EXERCISE: Sensing the Aura
The aura is a sphere of energy emanating from the physical body. It is best to have a partner for this exercise, either a person or pet.
- Stand several feet away from your partner
- Place your hands together and feel the healing energy flowing into them
- Imagine your partner is standing inside a large bubble. This bubble represents the boundary-line of the aura. Walk towards your partner with your hands in front of you, as if you are going to reach out and touch the bubble. Remain respectful of their “personal space” and boundaries
- At the point you reach the aura, you will feel you have stepped into your partners “personal space”. You may feel a pressure in your hands, or you may simply feel a slight psychological resistance stopping you from moving further
- Pull back a bit and then step forward again until you feel the resistance once more
You can experiment and see what else you pick up. Run your palms along the outside of their aura and notice if you can sense any increase or decrease in pressure or temperature.