Five Psychic Gifts
1. Clairvoyance (Clear Seeing)
- The word “clairvoyance” is translated from French and means “clear seeing”.
- It is the ability to perceive matters beyond the range of ordinary perception.
- It is the faculty of seeing elements, energy, light, scenes or objects that are not physically visible and present in our third dimension.
- One may gain information about an object, person, location or physical event through extrasensory perception.
- Clairvoyants may see past lives and/or future events of one’s life. Some can see auras and colours in and around a person’s body. Others will see ancestors, spirits, angels, guides, the deceased, or all combined.
You are Clairvoyant when:
- You have a vivid dream that later comes true.
- You lose your keys or wallet, then a picture of the place you left the item flashes into your mind.
- While driving, you see a mental picture of the car in front of you turn left. Two minutes later, the car turns left exactly as you saw in your mind’s eye.
- Suddenly you see an image of a person in your mind’s eye and later that day, you receive a call or a message from that person.
2. Clairaudience (Clear Hearing)
- Clairaudience is the ability to perceive sounds or words from outside sources in the spirit world.
- Psychics who are clairaudient hear voices, sounds or music that are not audible to the normal ear.
- They receive these messages mentally in the form of thoughts or within the ears.
- It takes time and practice to decipher which messages are yours and which ones are sent from the Divine. If you wonder if the thought comes from your imagination, your inner voice or from angels/guides/spirits, all you have to do is ask which one. Always ask for details and clarifications.
- Some clairaudients have said to hear from one ear only (usually the right one) when they receive messages.
You are Clairaudient when:
- You hear someone saying your name when no one is around.
- You often talk to yourself.
- Music makes you feel connected to your soul.
- You hear ringing or high-pitched noises in your ears.
- You learn through the auditory channel.
- You hear sounds that others don’t. i.e. you often ask if people have heard this or that and the answer is often “no”. Some may even hear animals and their thoughts.
- You get “signs” in song and speech.
- You are sensitive to sound.
- You speak quietly.
Intuitive people are generally highly sensitive, both emotionally and physically. Because of this, you may be sensitive to noise if you’re clairaudient. i.e. a loud party or TV may make you feel tired, ungrounded or give you a headache.
3. Clairsentience (Clear Feeling/Clear Sensing)
- This is the ability to feel the present, past or future physical and emotional states of others, without the use of the usual five senses.
- Psychics who are clairsentient are able to retrieve information from people, objects, houses, public buildings and outside areas.
- In this category, we include empathy and smelling faculties. Clairsentients can feel a person’s body aches as they manifest themselves in their own body.
- Others can smell scents that are not present, such as strong perfumes, scents of fresh flowers, roses, tobacco, smoke, earth, rain etc.)
- We often refer to the gut feeling and association of the heart and sacral chakras working together.
You are Clairsentient when:
- You often refer to vibes (vibes of a place, of a moment, of people).
- You can feel people’s emotions, even their deepest secrets.
- You can feel sadness, even when people smile and seem happy on the outside.
- You feel like a sponge absorbing other people’s energies and it affects you, leaving you joyful or gloomy.
- You have sudden inspirations, insights or instincts that appear out of the blue.
- You may get a feeling that took your breath away and you suddenly knew that you or someone you love is in danger, only to find out later that you were right.
- You may have felt the hairs stand up on the back of your neck or felt like someone was tapping you on your shoulder, then turn around and see someone approaching you from across the room.
4. Claircognizance (Clear Knowing)
- Claircognizance is a metaphysical sense where you know something to be correct but are unable to back up your statement with facts (this can happen when you read a person).
- It is when you know something without reading or being told about it. You may have strong feelings of knowing about a subject like mathematics, or animals, or the history of a specific country, or a problem to solve, even though you have never studied the subject in question before.
- This metaphysical/psychic sense allows you to know something is, was or will be real, although you can’t prove it and you don’t know how and why the information was given to you with a specific level of certainty.
You are claircognizant when:
- You are very analytical in nature.
- You seek to understand the universe.
- You understand that you have intuitive abilities.
- You often say, “I know”.
- Fragments of information just randomly occur to you.
- You finish some peoples sentences because you know what they are going to say.
- You know if someone is lying to you, even though you have no reason to suspect him or her.
- You make predictions or have premonitions that you feel certain about.
- You just “know” or have knowledge of specific locations, events, situations or even people.
5. Dreams (Communication Through Dreams)
Once asleep, we enter into various depths and phases in which we put our rational mind to sleep, while keeping our subconscious completely active. In hypnosis, this is called the somnambulistic state. During those phases, you are channelling and ready to receive messages as guidance and premonitions.
You know you communicate through dreams when:
- You have lucid dreams (you know you are dreaming while you dream and feel partly awake).
- You wake up and a specific dream seemed unusual and real and carrying a meaning or knowing.
- You have dream scenes and events that happen the next day or within a certain span of time.
- You dream some parts of an event in a distorted way (the people you dream of won’t be the ones who will face the event you saw, yet it still happens to someone).
- You receive a clear message in your dream (i.e. warning you of something and changing the course of action you had taken).