Taking Care of Yourself
The relationship you have with yourself is the most important relationship you will ever have. Spending time with yourself and getting to know yourself is not selfish, it’s necessary. Here are some things I like to do and recommend you try for yourself:
- Meditation is the magic word – it is the gateway to all your questions.
- Meditation is the act of going within through silence. This allows you to tune your brain to Theta and Gamma waves, all of which are associated with healing methods.
- Meditation is the answer to increasing your psychic abilities, to aligning your chakras, to receiving messages, to channelling, to healing, to travelling and to introspection.
- I recommend that you meditate daily, even if it is only for a short time.
- Do your cleaning and grounding before and after each session. There are simple exercises you can do i.e. tornado; waterfall etc. Find what works for you.
- You can clean your aura (mind, body and soul) by requesting (the Universe, God, your higher self, the creator, angels, guides, crystals, Mother Earth, Father Sky, etc) to assist you in cleaning your body, mind and soul. So be it, so be it, so be it.
- Imagine light flowing in your chakras and hands.
- Take a salt bath. You can add essential oils or alternately swim in the sea.
- Sound has a powerful effect – clap your hands. A tingsha or any instrument with a high tone combined with your intention to clean/clear is very effective.
- Burning camphor or essential oils, rosemary, eucalyptus, cedarwood, sage, basil, cypress, frankincense, juniper, lavender, myrrh or peppermint.
- Smudging tools such as sage, incense, palo santo etc.
Protection / Support
- Call upon Archangel Michael, or any guides/God(s) you believe in, to protect you. It works in any situation.
- You may also want to create a protective shield around you (clear bubble, eggshell, purple cape etc) to strengthen your aura, protect yourself from negativity and allow only love and positivity to enter and flow through the shield. The shield can be any colour, texture or shape you so desire.
- You may wear crystals on yourself, have them in your home and/or in your bag.
- You can ask the Universe/God to dispel any negative energy that comes to you.
- Remember that the power of prayer and intention are very strong.
- A powerful visualisation exercise is to imagine that you have roots growing from under your feet or from the base of your spine, grounding and rooting you to the earth.
- Connect to the earth and the elements – walk barefoot in the grass, beach or forest, swim in the water, touch the trees, feel the sun and the breeze.
- Be around animals.
- Eat a meal with heavy foods.
- Mindful intimacy with your partner.
- Engage in your favourite hobby/activity that requires concentration and fun.
- Play music, sing or dance.